It’s pretty hard to include words that begin with Z in your writing. There really aren’t that many Z words to begin with, or not that many words that would make sense for most books.
Here are quotes from Seismic Crimes with the letter Z:
- He put his hand over hers and then pulled her in for a soft kiss. When he inched back, he whispered in her ear, “This may sound crazy, but I love you.”
- Five officers stood near the entrance, guzzling water from bottles and listening to the reports coming in on their radios.
- The lights in the women’s restroom buzzed to life, illuminating the stretch of sinks and stalls.
- Beth groaned and knocked her head back onto his shoulder. “I’m not a patient person.”
He nuzzled her neck. “I can see that.”
- With a jerk back on the wheel, he leveled the truck onto all fours and zeroed in on an obstacle ahead—a series of small mounds.
- He grinned in answer and lined the truck up with the biggest ramp on the field. The truck zoomed up it.
- She lifted the lid, and her nerves fizzled like stale soda.
- While listening to the hum of the subterranean cable and the clang of the bells, Beth felt oddly zen-like.
- Buck may be happy now but he won’t be once Donovan zaps him in the ass with that stun gun.
- She was cradling her arm to her chest and wailing as if she wanted Zeus on Mount Olympus to hear her.
- She stood a moment, paralyzed by her mental and physical exhaustion and hypnotized by the rising smoke.
- Every bump in the road jarred him from his light slumber, though, and sent electricity zigzagging along his rib cage.
To read more:
QUESTION: What Z words (or words with Z's in them) have you used in your writing?