May 06, 2016

Love, Lattes and Angel by Sandra Cox



Sandra Cox is a fellow vegetarian and cat lover. With a book titled "Love, Lattes and Angel" how could I not have her as a guest? I couldn't! I really couldn't!

Please help me welcome Sandra to Write with Fey. :)

Welcome, Sandra!




BLURB:

Some teens go to the Caribbean on spring break. Piper goes to save the world.

Piper Dunn isn’t who you would call a normal teenager. For one thing, she doesn’t want anyone to know she was born with a blowhole. Even stranger, she has two love interests. Joel, a fellow dolphin-human hybrid, and Tyler, a human.

It’s hard to choose when a mad scientist is hot on Piper’s trail. Worse, she’s trapped in the Bermuda Triangle. And . . . wait for it . . . Angel, her test-tube daughter, is apparently a real-deal reincarnation. It all adds up to an impossible situation, with happy endings all but lost at sea. Unless, of course, a voodoo high priestess casts a spell or two . . .


Brief Excerpt:

From Joel

The scents of alcohol and soap permeate the room and make my stomach roll. Bile rises in my throat as I force open matted eyes. Drip. Drip. Drip. The liquid in the IV plops into my arm. In response, the hair on the back of my neck rises. Am I back in the experimental labs, waiting to be tested like a lab rat?

A figure moves in the shadows.

Dolphins have no sense of smell, but her scent reaches me. Salt water and vanilla. Piper. In her arms is my daughter. Nausea fades. My heart rises and my chest warms. The pleasure is fleeting. Have they captured us?


Warning:

This book contains fantasy fiction voodoo, an encounter in the Bermuda Triangle, friendly dolphins, a crazed scientist, a mutant-hating bigot, and dolphs that have a propensity for danger.


Buy Link:


Bio:

Multi-published author Sandra Cox writes YA Fantasy, Paranormal and Historical Romance, and Metaphysical Nonfiction. She lives in sunny North Carolina with her husband, a brood of critters and an occasional foster cat. Although shopping is high on the list, her greatest pleasure is sitting on her screened in porch, listening to the birds, sipping coffee or a latte and enjoying a good book. She's a vegetarian and a Muay Thai enthusiast.


QUESTION: Would you want to be a dolphin-human hybrid?


Please leave a comment for Sandra! :)


29 comments:

  1. Congrats indeed. It might be fun to be a dolphin-human hybrid for a little while at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many congratulations Loved the post Chrys.
    Have a great week-end.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I would not, but I would love to be able to communicate and swim with dolphins. Interesting book, thanks for telling us about it Chris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Communicating and swimming with dolphins would be amazing.

      Delete
  4. No, it wouldn't be something I'd want to be, but I love being among dolphins and there are plenty around here and I've had them come right up beside me in a kayak or when sailing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could get as close as that to dolphins.

      Delete
  5. Thanks, Pat and Yvonne.
    Hi Jo, Communicating with dolphins would be wondrous.
    Sage, I'd love to be around dolphins.
    Chrys, Thanks so much for hosting me today:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe for a day I would like to be one, but not for my life :) Sounds like an intriguing plot! Congrats Sandra!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...not for life. I wouldn't be able to write!

      Delete
  7. I love mermaids and anything to do with oceans and seas, so this is a book that sounds right up my alley. Would I want to be a hybrid...I thought I already was...a mermaid. LOL
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all of those things too. Maybe you are a mermaid. ;)

      Delete
  8. Good job on the #IWSG page! Love Lattes and Angel sounds like a great story. I think my granddaughters would like it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the warning.

    I don't know that I'd want to be a dolphin-human hybrid. Though I have to admit my first thought was that I might actually be able to win a swim race against my niece the competitive swimmer that way...

    Congrats Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just trying to wrap my brain around the concept...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do the dolphins practice voodoo in the Bermuda Triangle?
    Awesome, Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a very original idea for a story.

    ReplyDelete
  13. And I thought having a fertility witch in my latest WIP was a big deal. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  14. An intriguing storyline such as this should carry the book right on to the big screen;-) Best wishes, Sandra.
    Chrys, you are such a gracious hostess:-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A dolphin love child - my paranormal romance with the shark sounds so tame now. LOL

    It's amazing there are so many of us vegetarian cat lovers around now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a unique idea for a story. Congratulations, Sandra. No, I would not want to be a dolphin hybrid.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Chrys! It sounds like Sandra has a great sense of humour. Vegetarianism is growing. My daughter had a vegetarian cafe which she sold recently. It was the No 1 to-to cafe in her town. Even non-vegetarians would come there to eat as the food was so delicious.

    No, I would not want to be a dolphin hybrid.

    ReplyDelete