My Mission For You:

Don't let #Doubt extinguish your #Sparks. Find the #Sparks you need to ignite your stories, dreams, and life.

Friday, February 19, 2016

L. Diane Wolfe and I are Merging Our Author Services!



I am thrilled to announce that L. Diane Wolfe and I are joining forces to help indie authors edit and format their books for publication.

Why spend more than you need to for extensive editing and professional formatting? And why spend hours, even days, looking for two separate people to take care of these needs when you can get both of them right when you need them?

If you take advantage of my affordable editing, you’ll get a 20% discount on L. Diane Wolfe’s formatting!



Chrys Fey’s Editing Services:

Short stories (any genre)
Novellas (any genre)
Novels (any genre)


NOTE: I will edit the first 10 pages of your novel-length book (over 100 pages), or the first 5 pages of a novella of 50-100 pages, for FREE for you to decide if I’m a good fit to edit your manuscript.


FULL EDIT + CRITIQUE:

In which I comment on content (plot and characters), check for typos, punctuation errors and grammar. I will cut unnecessary words and sentences, check for redundancies, repeated words, and POV changes. I will also offer easy fixes and suggestions on content.

Price: $1.00 per page


MANUSCRIPT CRITIQUE:

In which I focus on content (plot and characters) with no typo fixes or other forms of editing. I will point out flaws (if any), offer easy fixes, suggestions, and also comment on things I like.

Price: $0.50 per page

- Turnaround time can be anywhere from 5 days to 3 weeks depending on the project or the deadline we agree upon.


For more info on Chrys Fey’s editing service go HERE.

###

L. Diane Wolfe’s Formatting Services:


NOTE: Once we have decided on the basic design layout, I will format up to ten pages for FREE for your approval.


PRINT BOOK FORMATTING:

The Basic Interior Print Design Includes:

Title pages(s)
Copyright page
Dedication
Table of contents

- Running headers and page numbers
- Properly set gutters, margins, and line spacing
- Text properly justified and paragraphs indented
- Widow and orphan control
- Up to 20 quotes / bullet lists
- About the author page
- Other books page
- Grayscale graphics / photos / logo outside of main body of text

Minimum Fee: $99.00

- Turnaround time is 5 - 8 days.


EBOOK FORMATTING:

Formatted for Smashwords, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iTunes, etc., including ePub, Mobi, html, and pdf files.

Minimum Fee: $30.00

- Turnaround time is 3 - 7 days.


NOTE: I will correct errors in formatting (extra paragraph returns, tabs, etc.) as they arise. Will include a hyperlinked Table of Contents. Unusual or special formatting or paragraph styles are available on a manuscript by manuscript basis.


For more info on L. Diane Wolfe’s formatting services go HERE.

###

RECCOMENDATION:

Craig R. Wolfe's Cover Design Services:



Craig R. Wolfe (yes, L. Diane’s husband) provides professional cover art services. He can create any cover art and wrap-around size to suit your printers' or publishers' specifications.

Service Options:
Basic - for authors on a budget
Standard - for author seeking a more dynamic solution
Premium - high end solution with graphic illustrations

For more info on Craig R Wolfe’s cover design services go HERE


We look forward to working with you! :)


50 comments:

  1. Delighted to partner up with you, Chrys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thrilled to be working with you too! :D

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great partnership indeed to get all one will need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your future venture together, I just know it will be successful, I am as I write awaiting for my edits to come from the publishers,
    Have a grand week-end.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope those edits come soon. Good luck! :)

      Delete
  4. Good luck with your new adventures! I hope it is successful for the both of you!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a match made in heaven. Good for both of you and great for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an amazing idea. Diane is a great worker and you two will compliment each other Chrys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm excited to be her partner. :D

      Delete
  7. Great match and deal! :) Good luck and have a terrific weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  8. Great idea for both of you. I wish you the highest number of customers possible. What about cover design? That would make for a complete package for the prospective client. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have cover design skills, but L. Diane does offer stock photos. I'm just not sure if she designs covers. There are other authors from IWSG who do covers. Their info is on the IWSG site under Writer and Author Services.

      Delete
  9. This is certainly where I'll turn to first when I'm in the need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!!! We'd love to work with you. :D

      Delete
  10. This sounds like a good partnership where each party will offer something for the benefit. What genres do you feel qualified editing? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All fiction genres. :D Under my editing services I list short stories, novella, and novels and put (any genre) beside all. I just don't do nonfiction.

      Delete
  11. Good to know. I see this building in the future. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is awesome, Chrys! I'll share on twitter. So many are looking for these services.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to both of you and good luck. Maybe I'll holler at you both when time comes for me to need editing and formatting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And we'd love that! I'm already a fan of your writing. :D

      Delete
  14. How wonderful! Good for you and Diane, wish I had you a year ago when I finished the manuscript. Gosh, the help I need!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For you, I'd do it for free with how much you helped me with Avrianna's story.

      Delete
  15. Hi Chrys and Diane - that makes sense and what fun to work together ... and we get the benefit of your talented skills ... good luck with the venture - can only think it will be so successful .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Hilary! Pulling our talents together seemed like a great idea to help other writers.

      Delete
  16. Congratulations to all 3 of you. Wishing you lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good luck and congrats on your business venture, Chrys, Diane and Craig! Will keep you in mind when I need these services!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, DG! Craig right now is just a recommendation for those who need covers after our services.

      Delete
  18. Congrats. Hope you have fun with this.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a great idea! I've been looking for a formatter (already have an editor), and those prices are very reasonable.

    Know any kick-ass cover designers? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, in the post I recommend Craig, L. Diane's husband. I linked to his website. Check it out. :)

      Delete
  20. What a fantastic union... well I'll be noting this down for when i need this service for my next book:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome. I'll be bookmarking this for future reference. Although, how the heck do you story-edit without marking typos? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That's a trick. :p I would probably point out glaring typos but I wouldn't do the normal edits (cutting redundancies, fixing sentences) for just a story critique.

      Delete
  22. Congrats ladies!
    Sounds like a great partnership. I'm sure you are going to be flooded with work!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations, and good luck with this new partnership!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good luck with your new partnership!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think. I love to chat! :)

Popular Posts!

Join!

Follow!