November 06, 2015

Blogger Interview with Pat Hatt


I hope the cat doesn't mind this quick promo...

30 SECONDS is on SALE for 99¢!!! 

When Officer Blake Herro agreed to go undercover in the Mob, he thought he understood the risks. But he's made mistakes and now an innocent woman has become their target. He's determined to protect her at all costs.

The Mob's death threat turns Dr. Dani Hart's life upside down, but there is one danger she doesn’t anticipate. As she's dodging bullets, she's falling in love with Blake. With danger all around them, will she and Blake survive and have a happy ending, or will the Mob make good on their threat?


BOOK LINKS: 

Sale ends Nov. 20th!


***************************************************

I’ve got a treat for you today
that no one can beat at their bay
Welcome, Pat Hatt!
It’s the rhyming man with a cat.
He’s come here to chat
about his blog, he sure has.
Sit back and relax
Or else the cat will spaz.


1. Hi, Pat! Please tell us about your blog.

It's Rhyme Time is pretty much what you would expect, everything rhymes. I go off on anything and everything. Sometimes it's just life happenings. Other times it is just random things. Then others I'll rant. I usually make it fun though, at least I hope so, poking fun at everything. I don't think there has been a topic I have shied away from yet. One word can spur a whole new post.

I started it back on Jan. 30, 2011. It was a means to advertise mainly and I was plainly ripping off the cat in the hat at the time. Due to the antics of my cat I figured I would use that. Then slowly it took a life of its own and Orlin had his own persona on the blog dubbed, obviously, the cat.

Where as many started to get an audience for their book, I started to just see what could be done while fitting in the odd link. The books stemmed from the blog and not the blog from the books.

2. For anyone who isn’t familiar with the Cat, can you explain this catty creature?

The cat is the persona I took on and it stuck. It sets me apart from others in my own unique way. I've had some think it was a cat blog, others think it was a poetry blog and many just think I'm nuts, but most come back because the cat has to have his say. And I seem to be able to get away with any and all topics because of the cat.


3. The cat is a little batty. What was your very first blog post?

The First Is Always The Worst But I'll Quench Your Thirst - it was rather meh and totally random as can be.

4. Why did you start rhyming?

I just knew I needed something different and for some reason a rhyming cat sounded fun. So away I went and I have rhymed every post since. I'm not sure I'd call it a career though. Don't you need to get paid for it to be a career? So my blog and nearly 100 published works (shameless plug) were all because of a Savannah cat that acts like a dog, loves to pull armpit hair and can open the front door. He sure opened a few doors for me.

5. What are the top 5 most-viewed posts on your blog?

Besides the first one I haven't the foggiest why they are my top five.





  
6. Do you ever get tired of rhyming?

Nah. I can shut it off and on with ease. Besides, I've got ten non-rhyming novels written. So I get plenty of non rhyme writing in as well.

7. Share your number one tip to bloggers just starting out.

Enjoy and explore the blog community. If you don't interact your blog will never make an impact.


Hyper Round:

1. Favorite time to post blogs? 7:00 am
2. Blogger or Wordpress? Blogger
3. Do you host guests? Have indeed at my feed
4. Where are you when you’re blogging? Arse pillow on the couch


BIO:

Pat Hatt can be found in the East Coast of Canada. He hates writing these things but doesn’t mind talking in the third person. He dabbles in a little of this and a little of that, not afraid to attempt something new.

He is owned by two cats, one of whom has his own blog, It’s Rhyme Time. Yeah a rhyming cat, who knew? He would be considered a both person when it comes to cats and dogs.

He is also quite the movie and TV buff. As you can probably tell does not take himself seriously and has more stuff in his head than is needed. Thus the novels, short stories, adult books and kids books as just one more form of release.

LINKS:

Thank you, Pat, for entertaining us.
We all appreciate your fuss.
Please leave a comment for the cat.
If you don’t, you’ll end up as a mat,
for his litter box, you know.
So you better plug your nose.

(I tried to channel the cat, I hope I didn't splat.) :P


77 comments:

  1. lol #1 for me, yipppeeee. Becoming a litter mat for the cat would be rather bad. Also sent the tweets out for you at my pad. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It was fun having you and the cat on my blog. And thank you so much for sending out those tweets for me. :)

      Delete
    2. Yipppeeee for thee
      In the place to be
      And I'll raise you a....?

      Delete
  2. This is truly one of the best interviews. The cat's blog has become a part of my life as I haven't missed a post in 2 or 3 years. (I lose track). The first thing I do in the morning is write my rhyme in response to the Cat's wit and sarcasm. To the Cat, nothing is sacred nor does he hold anything back. Rhyme Time is a very special community of the most interesting blogging people and yet, it's family. That Pat.... What a guy!

    Chris, thanks for posting this interesting interview. Back to Rhyme Time to write my rhyme. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best you say
      Works for my bay
      Yep, you've sure been around years
      Many a rhyme cheers
      Not sure if two or three
      But still quite the spree

      Delete
    2. Hey, Manzanita! Thanks for stopping by! I'm glad you enjoyed the interview. Pat is one-of-a-kind and so are all of his posts.

      Delete
    3. Two or three years... how about that, Cat?

      Hi Chrys

      Delete
  3. Pat is an interesting guy and you did a great job with the interview, even throwing in a few rhymes yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting in a good way?
      Oh an "ahhhh, run the other way? lol

      Delete
    2. He sure is an interesting guy. And I just had to try. :)

      Delete
  4. If you count book sales, then you're sort of getting paid.
    You never know what the Cat will come up with. Or what he will do. (Like putting the Ninja in a litterbox.)
    Pat knows how to get out there and make friends and that's what matters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha they count
      Even a tiny amount? lol

      Just never know
      Where the cat shall go
      And gets on out there
      At many a lair

      Delete
    2. The Ninja in a litter box. I shutter to think of it.

      Delete
    3. Mister Mailman brought me a Boppity Blue book today...
      How's that for fun at my Bora Bay?

      Delete
    4. Haha - Well mister mailman brought me Max Blizzard and The Cup of Kings.

      Delete
    5. Mister Mailman is bringing lots of goodness today, I see.

      Delete
  5. I'm surprised Pat answered the questions not in rhyme :) I often joke with him that he never sleeps since he seems to be so ahead with his posts (he said he has A/Z written for next year already) and I think if he does sleep, he must rhyme in his dreams :) His blog is a cute one; I can sometimes be confused with what he is writing about, but always an enjoyable read! Great interview!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in August for posts now
      My get the 2017 A to Z done
      Would that raise an eyebrow?
      Look, I rhymed for fun

      Delete
    2. I was surprised by that too. But he's rhyming in his comment replies, which is a bit too much for me to do. :P

      Delete
  6. Super interview, Chrys and Pat. Pat's blog always makes me smile, even though I sometimes am not sure what he's saying. It's fun to try to answer with a rhyme too. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh but being confusing
      Is very amusing lol

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Beverly! Pat's blog is great. He never fails to make me smile and laugh.

      Delete
  7. Putting the ninja in the litterbox? Ouch. Now, my own cat has tried to paw invisible litter over a new unliked food I gave him!

    Pat, to provide a smile each morning to your friends is one great way to start the day. Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've done the paw
      When the food had a flaw
      And providing a smile
      Is a fun turn of the dial

      Delete
    2. A smile is a great gift, indeed. :)

      Delete
  8. LOL Fantastic interview. I had not met the Cat. Ninja in the litterbox?LOL?
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great interview Chrys, I used to be a follower of Pats but when my internet went down I somehow never got round to go to Patt's page.
    Enjoy your week-end.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Internet dying
      Leaves the cat sending routers flying

      Delete
    2. I hope you can get around to it now...with his blog link in this post and all. ;)

      Delete
  10. Great interview and you were successful with your rhyme:) Even though Pat is not rhyming, I was still reading it as if it were....the cat has trained me well:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha got you hooked
      Even when no rhyme is booked

      Delete
    2. Yes! One rhyming point for Chrys. :D

      Trained by the Cat we all are.

      Delete
  11. I heard the words rant and rhyme.
    Two words I use all the time.
    Twas cool to read about the cat
    he's likely sassy and a brat.
    Thank you Chrys for this fun post,
    and to Pat's cat I do toast.
    I'll check the blog straight away,
    in other words, with no delay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rant and rhyme
      Sure not a crime
      Two for one
      Has to be done

      Delete
    2. Ha! I love your rhyming comment, Jeffery. Points for you too!

      Delete
  12. I, too, think this is one of the best Pat interviews I've ever read. Thank you for really getting him outside his box and showing tastes of what goes on behind his blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Outside my litter box?
      Can the cat pee on your socks?

      Delete
    2. *dances* I am glad. I should've had Pat over here soon at my pad. ;)

      Delete
  13. I have it firmly in mind
    my comment should be rhymed
    Seems that'd be fun
    and the thing to be done
    after reading this interview
    for which I thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems you were right
      As the rhyme took flight

      Delete
    2. Rhyming comments are the best comments. ;)

      Delete
  14. Holy cow! I feel as if I've been missing out on a treasure :-) Thank you both for a most delightful post. The inspiration here is positively crackling with energy!
    Excellent send-off for your book sale, Chrys!
    Pat and his wonderful cats have already pawed their way into my heart:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pawed away
      Hmmm watch where the paw lands at play? lol

      Delete
    2. Pat's blog is a treasure, for sure.

      Delete
  15. I had not heard of his blog before. So many things out there to find. (And no, I'm not going to try to rhyme.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to find
      My rhyming behind
      Can be hard
      Could be out rolling in the yard

      Delete
    2. Haha. You don't have to rhyme. :)

      Delete
  16. How fun! I love Pat's blog and his cats are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really great interview. A lot of LOL's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pat's blog is full of surprises and watch what you say or you might be surprised as you become the topic of a blog or two. He often makes humorous posts using his viewers. One of my favorite blogs and Pat is a man of many hats. Nice interview!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to be grand
      And very true, never know when something will come back to bite you in my land

      Delete
    2. I've been fortunate to not be a topic for one of the cat's posts. But my luck could run out at anytime.

      Delete
  19. 'Tis the gift to be simple,
    'tis the gift to be free
    'Tis the gift to come down
    where we ought to be.
    And when we find ourselves
    in the place just right,
    'Twill be in the valley of love and delight.

    This chorus from a song came to me when I read this post, Chrys and Pat. You've certainly found your niche, Cat Boy, and it's always a delight to visit your blog and see what the cat is rhyming.

    Denise :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to delight
      As the chorus takes flight
      Works for the cat
      And even Pat

      Delete
    2. Ha! I had fun singing that in my head, Denise. I wonder if the cat sings....

      Delete
  20. Good Interview!!! Which I could rhyme, but I haven't the time...(Hah-really bad)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Chrys
    How could I miss
    An interview
    With you know who
    Pat in the Hatt
    And his rhyming cat
    How about that
    Thank you
    This be true

    Gary, Gary, quite contrary...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cat was here
      With his rhyming rear
      With little rhyme near
      oh dear

      Delete
    2. Hello, Gary! At least you didn't miss this. :)

      Delete
  22. Great to learn more about Pat! I love to rhyme too- but I don't rhyme all the time either. :) Interesting to know that the blog came first, then the books.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blog came first indeed
      Egged on for books at my feed

      Delete
    2. I had to know all about the blog behind the cat. :D

      Delete
  23. I love Pat. I follow his blog.
    Thanks for featuring him here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Pat's rhymes are always so fun! And I love the picture of the cats. I'm a both person too. :)

    ReplyDelete