October 09, 2015

Blogger Interview with Crystal Collier / Happy Birthday!



I’m co-hosting Unicorn Bell today with: Dear Goal Writer

********************************** 

Today is Crystal Collier day on Write with Fey! Pull out some cheese from your fridge, throw a bit of confetti, and hope that tonight the sky isn't moonless. ;) Are you ready to get into Crystal's head? 'Cuz I am!

Welcome, Crystal!


1. Your birthday was on Monday...What would you like us to give you for a present? :)

Well if you could fly through cyberspace and dump a boatload of cheese in my lap, I’d be the happiest person on the face of the earth. The next best thing? Buy, read, gift, or review one of my books.

2. Can you tell us about your blog?

Blogging was a silly trend people started to electronically journal, and I was NEVER going to follow the crowd. But in 2009 I needed a forum to share a story with family and friends on the other side of the country. Those posts have LONG since disappeared, and the books is PUBLISHED. (Say hello, Moonless!)

Since 2013 my blog has become home to WRITERLY WEDNESDAYS with the TRUTH OR LIE game for book giveaways + bouts of inspiration or cheese (funnies).


3. You host a lot of authors for their books and one of the features is Truth or Lie, a game where the author provides 2 truths and 1 lie. Then readers have to guess which one is the lie. How did you come up with that game?

I was that girl—the one who arranged all the parties and group dates in high school. The BEST part of any event was introducing different people to the ones I’d come to know and appreciate. Hence the get-to-know-you party game, but now I get to include another great love, BOOKS!!!

4. What was your very first blog post? 

The then first chapter of Moonless, which is officially off the interwebs forever. (Sorry.)

5. I know you mentioned it before on your blog, but can you tell us the story behind your obsession with cheese?

My special needs brother adored cheese. Cheese is my way of viewing the world as he did—as an eternal optimist who instantly loves everyone.


6. I love that! What are the top 5 most-viewed posts on your blog? (Include links.)
1. The MOONLESS print book release announcement: Excitement and Cheese 
2. A post so random it’s still generating regular search engine action: Sharks, Souls, Shampoo and Haagen-Daz 
3. In which I reveal my master plan to take over the universe…er, I mean, publish a slew of books: The Long Game 
4. The day I announced that Moonless was going into the querying trenches: Mystery Guest 
5. A cheesy confidence-boosting post: Gratitude as Bid as 80’s Hair
7. You’re a writer, you home school your kids, and have a baby...how do you do it all?

I don’t most days. ;)

8. Share your number one tip to bloggers just starting out.

Be personal. Get out and say hello to other bloggers. We’re an amazing and mind-blowingly supportive community.


Hyper Round:

1. Favorite time to post blogs? 8:00 AM EDT
2. Blogger or Wordpress? Blogger
3. Where are you when you’re blogging? 2nd story of the house, overlooking nature.



BIO:

Crystal Collier is a young adult author who pens dark fantasy, historical, and romance hybrids. She can be found practicing her brother-induced ninja skills while teaching children or madly typing about fantastic and impossible creatures. She has lived from coast to coast and now calls Florida home with her creative husband, four littles, and “friend” (a.k.a. the zombie locked in her closet). Secretly, she dreams of world domination and a bottomless supply of cheese. You can find her on her blog and Facebook, or follow her on Twitter.


Thank you for spending some time with us, Crystal! I’d love to have you back.

Please leave Crystal some cheese. :)


56 comments:

  1. Aw, love learning the reason behind your love of cheese, Crystal. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather. It took a number of years before I was willing to share the story behind the cheese.

      Delete
  2. Belated birthday, wishes, Crystal.

    You're right - bloggers are a great bunch of people and very supportive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patsy.

      Beyond supportive. It's having an extended family online.

      Delete
  3. Love the backstory of the cheese obsession and the answer to #7. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. We have to be able to admit our weaknesses, eh?

      Delete
  4. I will willingly leave Crystal some cheese - some good old English Cheddar ... or anything she desires .. I didn't know the story of your love for cheese - interesting to read about. Love the way you started blogging .. and the reason you adapted ... it's great to be around fun lively blogging friends - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I love cheddar. Some days I wish I could go back to my blogging roots, but my publisher would have a heart attack.

      Delete
  5. Blogland sure is great. My cat loves cheese too, but then he gets constipated lol steals it right off the counter if he can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interview! Both of you are great bloggers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love Crystal and loved getting to know her better! Such a sweet, sad story about her love of cheese <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took a few years after he passed away before I was willing to share it. It still stings just a little, but we couldn't know the joy without the sorrow, eh?

      Delete
  8. What a fun interview, ladies. Great story about cheese. We should all love everyone and the world would be a much nicer place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. I think that's the lesson my brother was trying to teach people.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for visiting, Beverly! It's a great lesson we all need to learn.

      Delete
  9. Awesome interview, ladies!! *waves to Chrys and Chrystal*

    Sending Crystal some feta cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute how you like cheese, Crystal :) You sound really busy, but I do like the advice you gave for fellow bloggers. It is good to get out there and say hello to others; great to make friends that way indeed!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're all busy, right? That's the world we live in. It just means we have to give priority to what matters most and ignore the rest.

      Delete
  11. I do so love your interviews Chrys, great reading and belated birthday wishes to Crystal.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The story behind your love of cheese is beautiful, Crystal. Sending armfuls of lovely Cornish cheddar cheese your way. Great interview, Chrys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm. Thank you much! *takes a big bite of cheddar*

      Delete
    2. I love cheddar but haven't had Cornish cheddar? I'll try to sneak a piece from Crystal. ;)

      Delete
  13. Hi Crystal, I have your book Moonless on my TBR shelf on Goodreads. I better get my butt in gear and order it up. I remember Chrys did a review here at Write With Fey. Great to get to know you a little better. I especially like your answer to #7. Great interview Chrys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not going to object to anyone reading my books. ;)

      Delete
  14. Swiss cheese is my favorite. Hubby calls and says what do you need from the store - it's always Swiss cheese! LOL
    You can have hubby's cheddar, but not my Swiss!
    Love your blog idea - unique!
    Great interview, Chrys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried Jarlsberg? It's a little sweeter than swiss and has become my favorite in that cheese family.

      Delete
    2. Hey, Yolanda! Thanks for stopping by!

      I'll have to try Jarlsberg. I think I'd like a cheese that's sweeter than Swiss.

      Delete
  15. Happy birthday, Crystal. It's not too late to wish you a happy birthday, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love cheese of all kinds. I have a nephew that won't eat any type of cheese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my nephews likes cheese on pizza, in grilled cheese sandwiches, and of course mac&cheese, but he doesn't like cheese any other time.

      Delete
    2. Poor, poor nephew. He doesn't know what he's missing.

      Delete
  17. Great interview ladies!
    And now I know the story behind the cheese... thanks for sharing it with us.

    I echo that number one tip to bloggers just starting out. Get to know your blogger buddies! They're awesome!
    Hope you had a wonderful birthday, Crystal!
    *waving at Chrys*

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a wonderful interview and I love your back story on cheese. Amazing what we love and the reasons behind it. Happy belated birthday to a Libra:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy belated birthday Crystal! LOVE your take on cheese. One of my favorite reasons for going to France is just to eat the cheese. We think we have cheese in this country, ha! We've got nothin' on France when it comes to cheese. What a fun interview! I liked getting to know you a bit through it. I write on the downstairs (walk in basement) level overlooking our nature/lake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. France has amazing food period, and the cheese... We'd be bankrupt if we ever went to visit.

      Delete
  20. Great interview, Chrys. It was really nice to get to know Crystal - what a lovely name! I also looovvee cheese and now I know what to say to people who ask me why I like it so much - thanks Crystal. Wishing you both a super week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicola. My default response is: "Cheese makes the world go round."

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Nicola! I hope you have a great week too. :)

      Delete
  21. Cool interview. Crytal sounds like a lot of fun. Loves cheese and world domination. I wonder if you do the same thing every night trying to take over the world. Narf! (P&B reference)

    Chrys, love your interview sessions, I may steal the idea one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shhhh! No one is supposed to know about the scientists locked in my Floridian basement, or the teleportation device, or the time stopper...! (World domination by quiet means is so much more effective. Puppeteering rocks!)

      Delete
  22. Grrrrreat interview, ladies!

    I hope you had a marvelous birthday, Crystal. If I were sending you cheeses, I'd send a nice variety, along with a box of Town House new crackers, foccacio with olive oil and rosemary. (Why should I be the only one addicted to them?)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Crystal's reason for her love of cheese and outlook on life is beautiful. I love the answer for how she manages to do it all. Classic. She is right, the blogging community has some true gems and she is definitely one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *blushes* You're so sweet. Thanks for the kind words.

      Delete