Wednesday, December 3, 2014

‘Twas the Night before IWSG Day + FREE GIFTS

The Insecure Writer's Support Group is a safe place for insecure writers of all kinds.


‘Twas the night before the Insecure Writer’s Support Group Day
When all through the blogosphere
Not a thing could stop us from participating, not even a 5 star meal.
The posts were scheduled and edited with precision
In hopes the Ninja soon would be coming to visit.

Bloggers waited at their desks
while writing insecurities spun in their heads
And Yolanda Renee at Defending the Pen, and I at Write with Fey
had just hit “publish” on our posts for the day.

When deep in my computer I heard a loud whirling,
I launched from my swivel chair to inspect more thoroughly.
Looking at the motherboard I feared a virus,
I shook the mouse, and jabbed numerous buttons.
The crumbs in my keyboard from my late night snack
Fell from the keys when I gave it a whack.

When what to my insecure eyes should appear on the screen,
But Alex J Cavanaugh and eight awesome writers,
With a Linky List of bloggers so long and déjà,
I knew in a moment it must be the Ninja.

More uniform than an army his instructions they followed
And he congratulated and encouraged and tagged them by name
Now Michelle, now L. Diane, now Lynda and Susan!
On Joylene, on J.L., on Arlee and Stephen!
To the top of Blogger, to the top of Wordpress,
Now comment away, comment away, comment away all!

As aspiring authors before the vast internet search
When they encountered an inactive site, at the top of their research,
So up to the blog feed their cursors flew
with an abundance of posts, and Alex, too.

And then in a clicking I heard in my speakers
The following and sharing of all the new members.
As I sat in my chair and pondered every meaning,
Out of the motherboard the Ninja escaped like a genie.

He was dressed all in manuscripts from his head to the ground,
And his papers were all covered with verbs and nouns.
A tangle of wires he had flung on his shoulder,
And he looked like a computer hacker just a little older.

His eyes how they read, his fingers how quick!
His thoughts were like stories, his mind like a whip.
His hands were poised over a keyboard ready to type
And his head was tilted just a little to the side.

The length of a pen he tucked behind his ear
And the ink it spotted his hair like an oil spill.
He had a wealth of information and a gift for advice
That was always spot-on and extremely nice.

He was generous and helpful, a true writer with clout,
And I relaxed when I saw him in spite of my current doubts.
A thumbs up with his hand and a nod of his head
Soon let me know my insecurities would be on the mend.

He spoke only kind words while he went on with his blogging.
And left dozens of comments then started sharing.
And putting his hand high in the air
he gave me a high five, and vanished with a flare.

He hopped to his desk, to his hosts gave a salute
And away they all typed to a chorus of flutes.
But I heard him say through cyberspace,
“Happy IWSG Day to all, and to all a happy face!” J


I hope you enjoyed my poem! 


And here's TWO special FREE gifts for you! 

My publisher put together the "2014 Quick & Easy Holiday Garden Gourmet Cookbook." There are countless recipes for crock pot and 30 minute or less meals. I contributed one that was passed down from my grandmother.  You can also get a spiral bound print copy for just $4. 


FREE eBook! The Wild Rose Press 
Spiral Bound Print $4 


And, of course, our very own anthology, The Insecure Writer's Support Group Guide to Publishing and Beyond is also FREE! I contributed an article called "Mega Character Development Tips."



HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!


126 comments:

  1. Chrys, that is awesome!!!! You just made my day. And gave me a really good laugh. You are a rock star.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I was hoping you and all IWSG members would like it and have a good laugh. :D

      Delete
  2. Beyond amazing Chrys. I can see why Alex enjoyed it and I did as well. Alex is a treasure and this poem reminds us all of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sheena! Ales sure is...he wouldn't have the IWSG without him.

      Delete
  3. OKAY, that was one of the coolest renditions I've ever read. Major Kudos to you, Chrys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, SA! I'm glad you liked it! :D

      Delete
  4. What a lovely poem, Chrys! Enjoyed it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehehe. Excellent poem. Very fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I;m glad you enjoyed my poem, Loni! :)

      Delete
  6. Spectacular, Chrys! This was so much fun to read as I sit here sipping coffee and whacking raisin toast crumbs out of my keyboard. Happy Holidays back at you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made me smile, Fundy! I'm glad you enjoyed this. Happy Holidays!

      Delete
  7. Awesome! Loved reading every line.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved it, loved it, loved it!! Wonderful poem and spot on! That Ninja is amazing. And so are you!! :)

    So cool that your publisher is giving away a free cookbook. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy that you loved it, Kristin! Thank you!! And I hope you enjoy the cookbook. :)

      Delete
  9. I did enjoy your poem. Me, I'm not much at poetry, although I will write a little haiku now and then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could write haiku. That's the one form I'm not really good at.

      Delete
  10. HA! Look how clever you are! I love rewritten stories like that when the original is so known for its cadence. All my poetry makes me sound 13, so I don't subject people to it, but I have been known to swap out song lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think I'm clever. ;) I've been rewriting Twas the Night Before Christmas since I was twelve, and I still enjoy it. :)

      Delete
  11. That was so cute and creative. You rock! And now I'm going to link over and get another cookbook. My daughter will lecture me again because I love collecting cookbooks. I'll look up your offering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never have too many cookbooks! That's what my mom would say. ;)

      Delete
  12. Ha! That was too cute! And I might need to check out that cookbook. I am always looking for new recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll surely find a lot of great recipes. :)

      Delete
  13. Nice poem!

    I've actually been thinking of getting my own crockpot, particularly since I might not be able to go out for Shabbos lunch when the weather is really bad. It'd be nice to make my own cholent (the overnight-cooking stew) if I'm snowed in or afraid to walk or drive in the ice and snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Crockpots are so easy to use and save you a lot of time. You should get one!

      Delete
  14. Man you seriously rock with that poem! What a brainstorm. It was SO fun to read! Thanks for dropping by my blog and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you enjoyed it, Lisa! And you're super welcome! :)

      Delete
  15. What an awesome poem!!!!! So ingenious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. YAY! What a great poem! And a perfect post for December. So fun to read!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hoped everyone would have fun reading it. :)

      Delete
  17. What a great way to kick off December! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha! That was so cute. My keyboard collects things too and sometimes it needs a good shake. Then sometimes the whole computer needs a good shake and a poke because my sales-o-meter at Amazon tends to get stuck at the same place for days! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Oh yes, my Amazon sales-o-meter gets stuck too.

      Delete
  19. Wonderful, wonderful to read thanks for cheering me up/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy that I could cheer you up!

      Delete
  20. I love your poem! You have quite the talent Chrys. I agree that our Ninja Captain is amazing. :) Thanks for participating and enjoy your holidays! Hugs. Eva, IWSG Co-host

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Eva! Ninja Captain certainly is amazing!

      Delete
  21. You knocked it out of the park, Chrys. I'm sure your brain loved the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brain did love the challenge. So did my muse. :)

      Delete
  22. Oh my gosh! I enjoyed this so much!!! Love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. HOLY WOW - that is such an awesome and perfectly written poem! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow, that was absolutely wonderful! I had quite a few laughs, which were badly needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could make you laugh, Sarah. :)

      Delete
  25. This is a great way to kick of IWSG and the Holiday Season!

    ReplyDelete
  26. haha that was great, the cat approves. Although may take a 5 star meal ince posts are preposted haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I got the cat's approval. That feels awesome. ;) I probably would take a 5 star meal, too, but I had to think of something that rhymed. :P

      Delete
  27. wow, fantastic poem, made me smile! :-) happy holidays !!

    ReplyDelete
  28. OMG that poem is so fun! Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your desk puts me in the mood, Chrys. I won't even show you mine. Love the poem, too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a treat! So enjoyed your poem. Nice break from reading posts. Ooh, should I say that? LOL..Hapy IWSG Day to you too! I certainly have a happy face after feasting on your poem. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I think it's okay to say that. Sometimes it is nice to read something fun like a poem. Happy IWSG Day to you, J Q!

      Delete
  31. Neat poem--is this group kind of like a virtual AA?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is like a virtual AA for insecure writers. You can click on the link above to read more. :)

      Delete
  32. Aw. That was adorable. Nice job. I hope the whole IWSG team gets a chance to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, that poem must have taken you a long time - but it was totally worth it! Thanks for the book links. Keep up the good cheer! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't take too long. I enjoyed it. You're welcome for the book links, Lexa!

      Delete
  34. That's the first time I've seen someone put their insecurities into poetry. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great way to banish insecurities that's for sure.

      Delete
  35. Great poem Chrys. So much happening. :)




    ReplyDelete
  36. What a nice treat to read this. :) It's perfect for the month.

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a fun poem. Being that I like to create win-win situations for myself, I would nibble on that five-star meal while I'm composing my IWSG post, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! That would be the perfect blogging experience. ;)

      Delete
  38. Loved the poem and thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and you're welcome, Carolyn!

      Delete
  39. Love the poem.
    Have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Impressive! I'm sure Alex got a kick out of this!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I'm in the mood for IWSG now! What? It's over already... All that build up, and it's gone for another month! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Too bad you didn't read this yesterday. ;)

      Delete
  42. Chrys, I loved, loved, loved your poem! :)
    So appropriate for the IWSG and the festive season too.
    It made me smile.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michelle! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! :)

      Delete
  43. Ha! Thanks for the smile, Chrys. Great poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to make you smile, Colleen! :)

      Delete
  44. I'm a reindeer!! Oh, Chrys, that's an awesome poem!! I thoroughly loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are! HAHA! I'm glad you loved it. :)

      Delete
  45. That poem was awesome. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. That was pure awesomesauce! :) Thank you for the smile.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Chrys, your poem was terrific! I needed a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to make you laugh, Diane. :)

      Delete
  48. Ah, Chrys! That is so kewl. Thanks for mentioning me in this awesome list. Haha. Made my day! I'm reindeering all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I just downloaded The Insecure Writer's book. Looking forward to reading it. On some days, I'm insecure as hell with my writing. Love the poem, Chrys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll find a lot of useful information and advice. I did. :)

      Delete
  50. That was hilarious and awesome. And a free e-book too. It is Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  51. I LOVE your poem - fun-filled creativity, and a great IWSG holiday post.
    Enjoy the season.

    ReplyDelete
  52. brilliant poem! Poetry often says it better than anything else!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Chrys, what an amazing poem! Outstanding. Thank you so much for the smile, and yes, Alex IS remarkable.

    Beautifully done!

    VR Barkowski

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, VR! And you're welcome for the smile. :D

      Delete
  54. Wow! How cute is that!
    Well done!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  55. What a great read, thanks and well done, Chrys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suzanne, and thanks for stopping by to read it. :)

      Delete

Please tell me what you think. I love to chat! :)

Popular Posts!